Filling out too many paper forms?
This guest post is provided by Service Canada, which offers Canadians a single point of access to a wide range of Government of Canada programs and services either in person, by phone, by Internet, or by mail.
If you have ever found yourself taking time to fill out a paper Record of Employment (ROE) form, you're not alone. That's why ROE Web (Record of Employment on the Web) was launched. ROE Web is a secure Web-based application that allows employers to create, submit, and print ROEs online.
Introduced in 2003, ROE Web makes it easier for employers to fill out employment records and simplifies the processing of workers' Employment Insurance claims. Each year, Canadian businesses issue more than 8 million ROEs. Today, more than 60% of these ROEs are submitted electronically, and this percentage is steadily increasing each year. Whether your business issues only a handful or hundreds of ROEs, this system can help save you time and improve the way you work.
ROE Web benefits for businesses:
- Increases productivity and saves time – With ROE Web, employers can create, retrieve, and amend ROEs easily. ROE Web also allows for up to 1,200 electronic ROEs to be submitted at once.
- Reduces paper burden – Employers no longer need to order or store paper ROE forms, keep paper copies on file, or send copies to Service Canada. It is all done online!
- Filing flexibility – Using ROE Web allows employers to align ROE issuance with their pay cycle for easier submission.
- Improves ROE quality and accuracy – ROEs are instantly validated, which means more accurate data and fewer follow-up phone calls and requests for payroll information from Service Canada.
- Ease of use – An online training module is available to let users practice creating ROEs before submitting them to Service Canada.
- Security – Businesses use the Secure Channel and epass to access the ROE Web service. Information is encrypted to ensure that there is little to no risk of unauthorized access.
To learn more about ROE Web and how to register, or to get answers to frequently asked questions, visit ROE Web or call the Employer Contact Centre at 1 800-367-5693 (TTY: 1-855-881-9874).