Small Businesses: A priority for the CRA year round
This guest blog post is provided by the Canada Revenue Agency, which administers tax laws and delivers social and economic benefit and incentive programs.
Did you know?
While Small Business Week comes only once a year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) recognizes the unique needs of small businesses and continues to find ways to help them do business all year long.
New and improved services at a glance
The list of services and tools offered to businesses by the CRA just keeps growing. Here are some improvements being brought online:
- The CRA has added and improved a number of features, such as new result screens, to the Payroll Deductions Online Calculator to serve businesses better.
- The new RC366 form tackles the red tape burden by letting businesses request direct deposit for GST/HST, Payroll and/or Corporation Income Tax to one or multiple bank accounts – all on one form.
- Some businesses are now able to electronically submit certain documents, when requested by the CRA, to support their T2 return.
- My Business Account users are able to view their original online enquiries at any time, by using reference numbers.
- Most businesses can file their GST190, GST/HST New Housing Rebate Application for Houses Purchased from a Builder, electronically.
- The CRA has increased the number of information returns a business can file, from 50 to 100, in a single submission using the CRA's Web Forms application – fast, easy, and secure.
- Every service in My Business Account now has sidebar links to the Message Centre, making the service even easier to navigate.
- Businesses can electronically elect to use the quick method of accounting for GST/HST filings.
The CRA is always exploring new and innovative services and options for businesses. Stay up to date by visiting www.cra.gc.ca/businessonline.