2012: Working together to support Canadian entrepreneurs
In 2012, the International Year of Cooperatives we provided information to help you start, grow, and manage your business. We were active on Facebook and Twitter, and worked hard to connect you with programs, services, and events in your region.
During the year, we collaborated with many government departments to connect you with the information you need to make your business a success. For example, our work with the Office of Literacy and Essential Skills provided information on the benefits of investing in essential skills such as literacy, numeracy, computer skills, thinking skills, and communication skills and how these can benefit your business. In October, we celebrated the successes of entrepreneurs like you during BDC's Small Business WeekTM 2012.
Throughout 2012, we provided key information on topics such as:
- Starting a business
- Managing and growing your business
- Planning for success
- Finding grants and financing
- Understanding and complying with government regulations
In 2013, the Canada Business Network is celebrating its 20th year serving Canadian entrepreneurs. In the coming year, we will:
- Improve our services to you by offering new channels to access the information you need to start, grow, and manage your business
- Strengthen our partnerships with other government organizations to increase the breadth and depth of information on the website
- Provide you with information of a variety of current topics through our blog posts
May 2013 bring you health, happiness, and business success!