Marketing your business without solely relying on social media
In a decade dominated by the Internet, marketing your business using a variety of social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, may seem like the most convenient and inexpensive way to expand your customer base. However, implementing a marketing strategy that relies solely on social media may impede your ability to make strong personal connections with your customers.
Here are some strategies you can use to market your products or services without solely relying on social media:
Hire a brand ambassador. This individual can help you:
- Represent your brand and spread awareness about your business in the local community
- Effectively promote your business through word of mouth due to their strong presence on social media and in their community
Brand ambassadors don't have to be recruited. You can train your existing employees to become brand advocates and spread word about your business in their communities.
Tradeshows or product demonstrations
- Marketing your business at a tradeshow provides opportunities to create relationships with consumers and other brand owners.
- If participating in a tradeshow as an exhibitor is too expensive, attend as a visitor and use this opportunity to network with other companies and attendees.
- Tradeshows provide the opportunity to educate consumers about your product or service through demonstration.
- You can entice customers to promote your products and services using a concept called “incentive sharing,” better known as leveraging the power of free stuff.
- Incentive sharing occurs when you encourage a customer to share or promote your brand, typically through social media, in exchange for the chance to win free products.
- This is a fun way to get your customers involved in the marketing of your brand and products.
If you decide that social media is the best way to market your business, try using Instagram, Snapchat, and Vine. These platforms use visuals to create a more direct relationship with your customers and will also give your customers the opportunity to get involved and share their own experiences using your product.
- Date modified: