Keeping employee records
If you have employees, keeping records on everything from their salaries to their job skills can help you administer your payroll and plan training.
The information you keep on each employee should include:
- Education and personal data
- Work history
- Job classifications
By making this information available to employees through a secure internal website, you can save time answering questions they may have with respect to their own information. With self-service, your employees can log in and check on a variety of things from how many days of leave they have used to whether your group insurance will pay for their eyeglasses.
Using an internal website for record keeping can help you to keep track of the pay and performance of each employee as well as the dates for things like renewing training licences.
Since employees only need a web browser to access their own information and add changes to it, you will also find it easier and less expensive to support employees working in remote locations.
Besides being easy to use, the human resources software you choose to use for record keeping should be customized to give you:
- Control over what your employees can see or change
- Security so that personal data, like salaries, can only be seen by authorized personnel
- Customizable email messages that your human resources staff can use to save time
- The ability to link to related websites for forms and insurance information
- User-friendly technology that works with your web browser
- A virtual help component to cut down on phone calls to your human resources administrators
- Automatic emails that notify you of important events and of expiry dates for licences
You can also look for software to help you with the recruitment of future employees, with features such as automatic personalized responses to job applicants who contact you by email.
- Keeping records
Find out what business records you need to keep, how and where to store them, and when and how you may destroy them.
- Implementing tools for human resources administration
Learn how to save time and money by using online tools and technologies that can make managing your human resources procedures more efficient.
- Free-to-low-cost technology applications
Discover how using information and communications technology products can increase your sales and productivity. Find free and low-cost options.
- Privacy and your business
If you collect, use or disclose personal information about individuals, you need to understand your privacy obligations.
- Date modified: