Loans and cash advances
Examine these loans and other borrowing possibilities for your new or existing business.
- Loan guarantees
Having trouble securing a loan for your business? A government-backed loan guarantee could help you attract creditors.
- ATB Financial
If you are looking for money to help you start or operate your small business in Alberta, you may be eligible for financing opportunities.
- BDC Buying a business
Find out how you may get financing to buy an existing business.
- BDC Capital
Access a wide range of specialized financing to match the various stages of growth of your business.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing business
Get a loan of up to $50,000 within 5 business days. There are no fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- BDC Technology financing — Information and communications technology loan
Find out how you could get a loan to help buy or upgrade information and communications technology for your business.
- BDC Working capital term loan
Find out how you could get a loan to grow your business.
- BDC Xpansion Loan
Get financing to help you explore new domestic or foreign market opportunities.
- BDC business loans
You could get money to help you start or grow your business.
- BDC growth capital for aboriginal business
Find out how you could get money to help start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- BDC transition financing
If you are retiring or selling your business, you could get a loan to help with the costs of the transition.
- CBDC First-time Entrepreneur Loan
If you're a first-time entrepreneur living in a rural community in Atlantic Canada, you could get help to buy an existing business or start your own.
- CBDC Innovation Loan
If you're an entrepreneur living in rural Atlantic Canada, you could get help to support your innovative projects.
- CBDC Youth Loan
If you're a young entrepreneur living in Atlantic Canada, you could get help to start, expand or modernize your business.
- MASC Lending Programs and Loan Guarantees
Tap into a number of programs tailored to meet your needs, and access attractive interest rates on loans and guarantees.
- PADAT: A Program Supporting the Development of Tourist Attractions
You could get a loan or a loan guarantee of up to $2 million to help promote the growth and regional development of your tourism business.
- SMBs and Large Corporations — Project Financing
You could get a loan, a loan guarantee or financing in "quasi-equity" for up to 100% of project costs related to the growth of your business.
- Aboriginal Business Development Fund (Ulnooweg Loan)
If you are a status or non-status Aboriginal living in Atlantic Canada, you could get funding to start, buy, grow or refinance a business.
- Aboriginal Economic Development Fund — Business and Community Fund
You may be eligible to apply for a loan for your aboriginal business in designated regions of Ontario.
- Advance Payments Program
You can apply for a cash advance of up to $400,000 for your agricultural business.
- Agriculture Direct Loans
Get a loan for a project of strategic importance to the province's agricultural sector.
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation Lending
Access loans and services to start or grow farm, agribusiness or other small business.
- Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
If you are an Aboriginal entrepreneur seeking financing and business support, learn about loans, equity investments and services available to you.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
As a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- Apeetogosan (Métis) Development Inc.
Are you an established or budding entrepreneur seeking financing and business support services? If so, learn about direct business financing, equity investments, and business services.
- Aquaculture Loan Program
Apply for a loan to establish, maintain or expand your aquaculture business.
- Aquaculture Loans and Loan Guarantees
Find out how you could get a loan or loan guarantee for your aquaculture business.
- Atlantic Association of Community Business Development Corporations
If you live in a rural region of Atlantic Canada, you can access business counselling, financing and training to help start or grow your business.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — Financing
If you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you can apply for a loan to start or expand your business.
- Black Business Initiative — Financial support
As an African Nova Scotian entrepreneur, you could access a loan of up to $25,000 to start or expand your business.
- Business Development Centres of Nunavut
If you are a Canadian living in Nunavut, you can apply for help to start or grow a business in your community.
- Business Development Program
Access funds to start, expand or improve your business in Atlantic Canada.
- Business Investment Fund
Need financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province’s strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Canada Media Fund
If you are involved in the Canadian television or digital media industries, you may be eligible for funding.
- Canadian Agricultural Loans Act program
Find out how this loan guarantee could help you secure credit for your farming business.
- Centre for Entrepreneurship Education Development — Financing
If you live in Halifax, Dartmouth or Bedford, you may be eligible for several financing programs to help fund your venture.
- Chantier de l'économie sociale Trust
Your social economy business, non-profit organization or cooperative could benefit from financing for real estate investments or to cover operating costs.
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund
If you are Métis, you could get a financial package to help you start, buy or expand a business.
- Commercial real estate financing
Find out how to get financing to buy land or commercial buildings or to build or expand your existing commercial facilities.
- Commercial/Agriculture Loans
Your Aboriginal agriculture business can access loans for capital expenditures, including farm equipment, livestock and land acquisition.
- Community Business Development Corporations — Social Enterprise Loan
You could get a loan of up to $150,000 to start-up, renovate or grow your social enterprise in rural Atlantic Canada.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small business loans
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneurs
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures Manitoba
Find out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program
Get funding for starting or growing a business in a rural or disadvantaged area of the province of Quebec.
- Community Futures Program (Ontario)
You could receive funding to start or grow your business in rural Ontario.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businesses
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Community Futures Treaty Seven — Business development
Are you an Aboriginal entrepreneur wishing to start or grow your business? You may be eligible for a business loan.
- Créativité Québec
Your business could get funding to buy new technology, or to develop or improve products and processes.
- ESSOR Program — Funding support for development projects
You could get funding to create a new business, or to upgrade your processes or facilities.
- Economic Development Council for Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities: Financing
If you are a Francophone living in Manitoba, you may be able to get financing to start or grow a business.
- Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program
If you are an entrepreneur with a disability and you live in Western Canada, you could get help to start or grow a business.
- Equipment purchase financing
Learn how to get financing to buy new or used equipment for your business.
- FACTOR funding for the sound recording industry
If your business operates in the English sound recording industry in Canada, you could qualify for funding to support various business activities.
- FONDS MOSAÏQUE
If you are a member of one of Quebec's cultural communities, you may be eligible for funding to start a business or run a business that has been in operation for less than five years.
- Farm Credit Canada — loans and lending options
You could access flexible financing options for your farming, agri-food or agribusiness operation.
- Farmland Financing Program
New or existing farmers on PEI can access this program to purchase farmland.
- FedNor Innovation Fund
If your business is based in Northern Ontario, you could receive funding towards the adoption and commercialization of new technologies.
- Femmessor — Réussir en affaires
You could obtain funding, training or mentoring for the acquisition, start-up, expansion or consolidation of your company.
- Financial programs
Are you looking to obtain financing for your business? This program offers term loans, equity, contributions and letters of credit.
- Financing for collective entrepreneurship
Your cooperative or non-profit organization could receive a loan for your acquisition, growth, reorganization, or consolidation projects.
- Financing of Refundable Tax Credits
Is your business eligible for a refundable tax credit? You could benefit from tax credit financing.
- Financing program for cultural businesses
Explore loans and financial tools that may help you carry out a development or rehabilitation project for your cultural business.
- First Citizens Fund — Business Loan Program
If you are an Aboriginal resident of B.C. you can get support to start or grow your business.
- Fisheries and Sealing Programs — Fur Pricing Program
Are you a fur harvester in Nunavut? If so, you are eligible for advance payments for cleaned and dried sealskins and furs through local Wildlife offices.
- Fisheries and aquaculture loans
Your commercial fishery and/or aquaculture business may be eligible for funding.
- Fisheries loans
Are you a commercial fisher? You could get a loan to help pay for a fishing boat or other fishing equipment.
- Fisheries loans for new entrants
Are you a new fish harvester? If so, you could get a direct loan to build, buy or repair a commercial fishing vessel.
- Fishing Licence Loan Program
Apply for a loan to buy a New Entrant or New Species fishing licence.
- Fonds afro-entrepreneurs — Loans to Afro-Québécois businesspeople
Are you a member of one of Quebec's black communities? You could receive a loan or loan guarantee for your business' needs.
- Fonds d'aide à l'économie de Lac-Mégantic (Economic Assistance Fund for Lac-Mégantic)
You could receive financial assistance if you carry out studies or projects promoting economic and tourism development in the town of Lac-Mégantic.
- Fonds d'investissement en agroalimentaire Nicolet-Yamaska
You could receive financial assistance of up to $10,000 to start or expand your non-conventional-sized agri-food business.
- Fonds de démarrage d'entreprises — MRC de Rouville
You could get financing of up to $25,000, if you plan to start or buy a business in the Regional County Municipality of Rouville.
- Fonds de diversification économique — MRC des Sources
Are you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Regional County Municipality of Des Sources? You could get financial assistance.
- Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la Mauricie
Are you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Centre-du-Québec and Mauricie regions? You could get financial support.
- Foreign Buyer Financing
If you export capital goods or services, your foreign buyer could benefit from EDC's financing solutions for terms ranging from 2 to 5 years.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakers
If you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- Futurpreneur Canada Newcomer Program
If you are between the ages of 18 and 39 and have lived in Canada for less than 60 months you can apply for financing to start a business.
- Futurpreneur Canada Start-Up Program
Are you between the ages of 18 and 39? If you are a Canadian resident with a good business idea, you could get $15,000 or more to start or run a business full-time.
- General business loans
As a member of the Six Nations or New Credit aboriginal communities, you could qualify for a business loan of up to $300,000.
- Indian Business Corporation services
If you are a First Nations person looking for financing for a new or existing business, learn about loans and business services available to you.
- Information technology loans
If your business gets at least 60% of its revenue from information technology you may be eligible for this term loan.
- Investment Attraction Fund
You could get a loan or equity investment to establish your company in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Local investment fund
Apply for financing to start or expand a business in Quebec.
- Manitoba Industrial Opportunities Program
Access funding for your small business to advance technology and create long-term, high-skilled jobs.
- Manufacturing and processing loans
Find out about term financing and lines of credit for your manufacturing and processing business.
- Metis-Dene Development Fund
You could get a loan to help you develop your business in the Northwest Territories.
- Microlending for Women in Ontario Program
As a woman entrepreneur, you may be eligible for business support training and microloans to help you start your business.
- NORTHSTAR Trade Finance Canada
Your foreign customer could get financing to purchase your products and services.
- New Entrant Farmer Loan Program
You could get up to $750,000 in loans to help you buy a farm.
- New Land Purchase Program
Find out how you could use agricultural land without having to pay for it all now.
- Northern Business Opportunity Program (Northern Ontario)
Your Northern Ontario business could be eligible for grants or loans ranging from $500,000 to $1 million.
- Northern Innovation Programs (Northern Ontario)
Your Northern Ontario business may able eligible for funding from $15,000 up to $500,000 towards research and commercialization of new technologies.
- Northern Ontario Development Program
Apply for financing to grow your business in Northern Ontario.
- Nova Scotia farm loans
Apply for a variety of lending products to help start or grow your agricultural business.
- Nunavut Business Credit Corporation
You could get up to $1 million to start or grow a business in Nunavut.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
You may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- PME MTL Fund
You could obtain a loan and technical assistance to carry out your business project if you have a business in Montreal at the start-up or development stage.
- Perennial Crop Establishment Loan Program
You could get a loan to finance your perennial crops in New Brunswick for up to 75% of their enhanced value.
- Prêt à entreprendre
Are you starting a business or thinking of buying an existing one in Quebec? If so, you could get a loan on trust and support services.
- Program to Support Diversification and Regional Development
Do you own a farming business? If so, you could get financial support to increase productivity and diversify your activities.
- Réseau des SADC et CAE (Network of CFDCs and CBDCs)
If you live in a rural region of Quebec, you could access business counseling, financing and training to start or grow your business.
- Réseau québécois du crédit communautaire
You could obtain microfinancing from this network to start a business in Quebec.
- Rise Asset Development
If you are an entrepreneur facing mental health or addiction challenges you could get $300 to $10,000 to help start, grow or promote your business.
- Securitization — Funding Platform for Independent Lenders
Your small to medium-sized financing or lease company could access expanded financing options to provide vehicle and equipment loan or lease contracts.
- Settlement Investment Corporation
As a Métis business owner, you could get support with direct business loans and services such as business plan development and training.
- Small Business Loans
You could obtain a small business loan to purchase or expand a business, to consolidate debt, or undertake new construction.
- Social Enterprise Ontario
Your social enterprise with an environmental or social goal for Francophones may be eligible for grants of up to $16,000 or loans of up to $40,000.
- Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation
Apply for funding to help your innovative small business develop and commercialize new processes or technologies.
- Strategic Economic Infrastructure Program (Northern Ontario)
Your alliance of businesses or not-for-profits in Northern Ontario may be eligible to apply for up to $1 million for new infrastructure projects.
- Student Entrepreneurship
Are you looking for a summer job? You could get an interest-free loan of up to $3,000 to operate your own business.
- Students in Business
You could apply for an interest-free loan to start your own business if you are between 15-34 years old and planning to go to school.
- Targeted Manufacturing Initiative for Northern Ontario — Productivity Improvements
Find out if your manufacturing business is eligible for funding for upgrades or for improving capital equipment.
- The Prince's Operation Entrepreneur
If you are a transitioning Canadian Forces member looking to establish a small business, this program could be for you.
- Tourism loans
If you own a tourism establishment, you may be able to get a loan to buy, build, renovate or expand your business or consolidate debts.
- Vessel Loan Program
Apply for a loan to purchase, build or modify your fishing vessel.
- Winter Production Financing Program
Your new or expanding craft and giftware manufacturing business could receive financing to increase its production during the winter months.
- Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan Inc.
If you are a woman living in Saskatchewan, you could get a loan, advice, training, referrals and more to start, grow or buy a business.
- Women's Enterprise Centre (British Columbia)
If you are a woman living in British Columbia, you could get a loan to start, grow or buy a business.
- Women's Enterprise Centre (Manitoba)
Are you a woman entrepreneur looking to start, expand or purchase a business? Get help to improve your business skills and acquire financing.
- Youth Social Innovation Capital Fund
As a young entrepreneur with a social or environmental goal, you may be eligible for loans of up to $25,000 to start or grow a business.
- Date modified: