Loans and cash advances
Examine various borrowing possibilities for your new or existing business.
- Loan guarantees
Having trouble securing a loan for your business? A government-backed loan guarantee could help you attract creditors.
- CYBF Expansion Program
You could get $10,000 to grow your business if you received a Start-Up loan from the Canada Youth Business Foundation within the last three to five years.
- CYBF Newcomer Program
If you are a recent immigrant to Canada and are between the ages of 18 and 39 years old, you can apply for money to start a business.
- CYBF Start-Up Program
Are you between 18 and 39 years old? If you are a Canadian resident with a good business idea, you could get $15,000 or more to start or run a business full-time.
- MASC Lending Programs and Loan Guarantees
Tap into numerous programs tailored to meet your needs and access smart interest rates on loans and guarantees.
- ATB Financial
If you are looking for money to help you start or operate your small business in Alberta, you may be eligible for financing opportunities.
- Aboriginal Business Development Fund (Ulnooweg Loan)
Funding for Aboriginal people in Atlantic Canada to start, buy, grow or refinance a business.
- Advance Payments Program
You can apply for a cash advance of up to $400,000 for your agricultural business.
- AgriProcessing Initiative
If you are a Canadian processor of agricultural products, you could receive money for new machinery to help you update your manufacturing processes.
- Agricultural Development Loans
Access loans for your Aboriginal agriculture business. Agricultural loans are available to First Nations individuals, bands, tribal councils and First Nation owned corporations.
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation Lending
Access loans and services to start or grow farm, agribusiness or other small business.
- Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
If you are an Aboriginal entrepreneur seeking financing and business support, learn about loans, equity investments and services available to you.
- Apeetogosan Métis Development Inc.
Are you an established or budding Métis entrepreneur seeking financing and business support services? If so, learn about direct business loans, equity investments and business services.
- Aquaculture Loan Program
Apply for a loan to establish, maintain or expand your aquaculture business.
- Aquaculture Loans and Loan Guarantees
Find out how you could get a loan or loan guarantee for your aquaculture business.
- Atlantic Association of Community Business Development Corporations
If you live in a rural region of Atlantic Canada, you can access business counselling, financing and training to help start or grow your business.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — Loan Services
If you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you may get money to start, buy or grow a business.
- BDC Market Xpansion Loan
Get financing to help you explore new domestic or foreign market opportunities.
- BDC financing
You could get money to help you start or grow your business.
- BDC growth capital for aboriginal business
Find out how you could get money to help start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- BDC subordinate financing
Do you own a successful business, but lack the collateral to get a conventional loan? Discover an alternative way to finance your business growth.
- Black Business Initiative — Financial support
As an African Nova Scotian entrepreneur, you could access a loan of up to $25,000 to start or expand your business.
- Business Attraction Fund
Get a loan or equity investment to establish your company in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Business Development Program
Access funds to start, expand or improve your business in Atlantic Canada.
- Buying a business
Find out how you may get financing to buy an existing business.
- Canada Media Fund
If you are involved in the Canadian television or digital media industries, you may be eligible for funding.
- Canadian Agricultural Loans Act program
Find out how you could use this loan guarantee program to secure credit for your farming business.
- Capitalization of Social Economy Companies
You could obtain a capitalization loan or benefit from the purchase of preferred shares for your social economy company.
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund
If you are Métis, you could get money to help you start a business or grow the one you have.
- Commercial loans
Learn about commercial loans for your Aboriginal business in Saskatchewan.
- Community Business Development Corporations – Social Enterprise Loan
Find out how you could get a loan of up to $150,000 to start-up, renovate or grow your social enterprise in rural Atlantic Canada.
- Community Business Development Corporations — Loans for Atlantic entrepreneurs
You could borrow up to $150,000 to start, grow, or modernize a business in a rural area of Atlantic Canada.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small Business Loans
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneurs
You could get money to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures Manitoba
Find out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program
You could receive funding to start or grow your business in Northern Ontario or in rural areas of Southern Ontario.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businesses
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Community Futures Treaty Seven – Business development
Are you an Aboriginal entrepreneur wishing to start or grow your business? You may be eligible for a business loan.
- Conseil de développement économique des municipalités bilingues du Manitoba: Financing
If you are a Francophone living in Manitoba, you may be able to get financing to start or grow a business.
- Conseil de la coopération de la Saskatchewan: Financing
If you are a Francophone living in Saskatchewan, you may be able to get financing to start or grow a business.
You could obtain a loan, loan guarantee or quasi-equity funding to institute environmentally friendly business practices within your business.
- Emerging Technology Program (Northern Ontario)
You may be eligible for funding to research and develop new technology if you operate an incorporated business in Northern Ontario.
- Energy Loan
Find financing to help your agricultural or agri-business produce its own renewable energy.
- Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation
If you live in the Cape Breton or Mulgrave areas, you could get money to help you start or grow your business or to upgrade your website.
- Enterprises North Job Creation (Northern Ontario)
You may be eligible for funding up to $1 million to help expand your business or create jobs for Northern Ontario.
- Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program
If you are an entrepreneur with a disability and you live in Western Canada, you could get help to start or grow a business.
- FACTOR funding for the recording industry
If you have a recording business or if you are a song-writer, composer or musician and record in English, you could get money for certain activities.
- Farm Credit Canada Products and Services
You could access capital for your farming or agri-business operation.
- FedNor Innovation Fund
If your business is based in Northern Ontario, you could receive funding towards the adoption and commercialization of new technologies.
- Fiducie du Chantier de l'économie sociale
Do you need funding to start a business or develop new social economics projects?
- Film or television development loans
You could obtain an interest-free loan to support your film or television project through its initial development stages.
- Financial Assistance to Industry Program
You could get a loan or loan guarantee to start, grow or maintain your business in New Brunswick.
- Financial programs
Are you looking to obtain financing for your business? This program offers term loans, equity, contributions and letters of credit.
- Financing Support for Inbound Foreign Direct Investment
Selling your business to a foreign investor? Consider pointing them to this financing solution.
- Financing for an equipment purchase
Learn how to get financing to buy new or used equipment or commercial vehicles for your business.
- Financing for land and building purchase
Find out how to get financing to buy land or commercial buildings or to build or expand your existing commercial facilities.
- Financing for working capital
Find out how you may get a loan to grow your business.
- First Nation Youth Livestock Program
If you are an Aboriginal youth interested in a livestock operation, this program can help you build equity by providing financing, training and support.
- Fisheries and aquaculture loans
Your commercial fishery and/or aquaculture business may be eligible for funding.
- Fisheries loans
Are you a commercial fisher? You could get a loan to help pay for a fishing boat or other fishing equipment.
- Fishing Licence Loan Program
Apply for a loan to buy a New Entrant or New Species fishing licence.
- Fishing Vessel Loan Program
Apply for a loan to purchase, build or modify your fishing vessel in Nova Scotia.
- Fonds afro-entrepreneurs — Loans to Afro-Québécois businesspeople
Are you a member of one of Quebec's black communities? You could receive a loan or loan guarantee for your business' needs.
- Foreign Buyer Financing
If you export capital goods or services, your foreign buyer can benefit from EDC's financing solutions for terms ranging from 2 to 5 years.
- Funding Platform for Independent Lenders
Your small to medium-sized financing or lease company could access expanded financing options to provide vehicle and equipment loan or lease contracts.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakers
If you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- General business loans
As a member of the Six Nations or New Credit aboriginal communities, you could qualify for a term loan of up to $300,000 to buy land, buildings and equipment for your business.
- Immigrant Small Business Loan Program
As a recent immigrant to Nova Scotia, you can apply for a loan to start, buy or expand your business.
- Indian Business Corporation services
If you are a First Nations person looking for financing for a new or existing business, learn about loans and business services available to you.
- Information technology loans
If your business gets at least 60% of its revenue from information technology you may be eligible for this term loan.
- Investment Agriculture Foundation funding programs
If you are part of the agriculture and food processing industry in BC, you could be eligible for funding.
- Local investment fund
Apply for financing to start or expand a business in Quebec.
- Manitoba Industrial Opportunities Program
Access funding for your small business to advance technology and create long term, high skilled jobs.
- Manufacturing and processing loans
Find out about term financing and lines of credit for your manufacturing and processing business.
- Metis-Dene Development Fund
Are you a majority-owner of a business in the Northwest Territories? You may be able to get money to help you grow your business.
- NORTHSTAR Trade Finance Inc.
Your foreign customer could get financing to purchase your products and services.
- New Entrant Farmer Loan Program
You could get up to $750,000 in loans to help you buy a farm.
- New Land Purchase Program
Find out how you could use agricultural land without having to pay for it all now.
- NextGen Biofuels Fund
Find out if you are eligible for funding to develop a biofuel production facility in Canada.
- NextStep to Success
You could access loans of up to $150,000 if you are an Aboriginal woman in Alberta who owns a business or who would like to start one.
- Northern Development Fund
You could access loans and grants to develop your Northern Saskatchewan business.
- Northern Ontario Development Program
Apply for financing to grow your business in Northern Ontario.
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. financing
Access loans and guarantees for your new or expanding business.
- Nova Scotia Farm Loans
Apply for a loan to help fund your agricultural business.
- Nunavut Business Credit Corporation
If you live in Nunavut, you could get up to $1 million to start or grow a business there.
- Ontario Innovation Demonstration Fund
You may qualify for funding to help commercialize your innovative green technologies.
- Perennial Crop Establishment Loan Program
You could get a loan to finance your perennial crops in New Brunswick for up to 75% of their enhanced value.
- Réseau québécois du crédit communautaire
You could obtain microfinancing from this network to start a business in Quebec.
- Settlement Investment Corporation
As a Métis business owner, you could get support with direct business loans and services such as business plan development and training.
- Shellfish Aquaculture Working Capital Fund
Access working capital to expand your existing commercial aquaculture business.
- Small Business Loans
You could obtain a small business loan to purchase or expand a business, to consolidate debt, or undertake new construction.
- Small Business Loans Association Program
You may be eligible for a loan of up to $20,000 even if you have had difficulty getting financing through traditional methods.
- Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation
Apply for funding to help your innovative small business develop new processes or technologies.
- Student Entrepreneurship
Are you looking for a summer job? You could get an interest-free loan of up to $3,000 to operate your own business.
- Students in Business
You could apply for an interest-free loan to start your own business if you are between 15-34 years old and planning to go to school.
- Supplier Financing
If you have accepted a promissory note from a foreign buyer, consider selling it to free up your cash flow.
- Technology financing — Information and communications technology loan
Do you need financing for your technology projects? Find out how you could get a loan to pay for information and communications technology for your business.
- The Prince's Operation Entrepreneur
If you are a transitioning Canadian Forces member looking to establish a small business, this program could be for you.
- Tourism loans
If you own a tourism establishment other than a bed and breakfast, you may be able to get a loan to buy, build, renovate or expand your business or consolidate debts.
- Transition financing
If you are retiring or ready to sell your business, you could get money for succession planning.
- UNIQ Financing — Working Capital
You could get a loan, a loan guarantee or quasi-equity financing to increase the working capital for your business.
- UNIQ Financing — Capital Assets
You could obtain a loan, loan guarantee or quasi-equity financing to acquire assets for your business.
- Winter Production Financing Program
Your new or expanding craft and giftware manufacturing business could receive financing to increase its production during the winter months.
- Women's Enterprise Initiative Loan Program
If you are a woman living in Western Canada, you could get a loan to start, grow or buy a business.
- Date modified: