Tax refunds and credits
Looking for more return on your business expenditures? Browse potential tax benefits that can help reduce overhead.
- Aerospace Tax Holiday
Your PEI aerospace business may be eligible for a tax rebate.
- Alberta Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit Program
Your corporation may be able to receive a tax credit for scientific research and experimental development expenditures incurred in Alberta.
- Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit
If you hire an apprentice, you could get a tax credit equal to 10% of that person's salary.
- Apprenticeship Training
Train skilled and adaptable employees who learn by doing through apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
You may qualify for an annual tax credit of up to $10,000 per qualifying apprentice to a maximum of $40,000 over a 48 month period.
- Bioscience Tax Holiday
Your Prince Edward Island bioscience company may be eligible for provincial corporate income tax rebates.
- Capital Investment Incentive
You could be eligible for a reimbursement for buying productivity-enhancing equipment for your business.
- City of Regina Property Tax Exemption Program
Your business may be eligible for a property tax exemption from the City of Regina.
- Co-op Education and Apprenticeship Tax Credits
Are you ready to grow your workforce?
- Co-operative Education Tax Credit
YYou may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to $3,000 if you hire an Ontario co-op student.
- Commercial Fuel Tax Refund
Are you a manufacturer in Saskatchewan? If so, find out if you qualify for provincial fuel tax rebates.
- Community Enterprise Development Tax Credit Program
Are you a community-based business looking for capital? Encourage investment in your company by making investors aware of available tax credits.
- Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
Your corporation may qualify for a 20% refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for computer animation and special effects activities.
- Digital Media Tax Credit
Your digital media business may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to 50% on the cost of developing interactive products.
- Direct Equity Tax Credit Program
Invest in a new or expanding small business in Newfoundland and Labrador and receive a provincial income tax credit.
- Economic Diversification and Growth Enterprises
If you establish or expand your business in Newfoundland and Labrador, particularly in rural areas, you may receive tax rebates.
- Enriched Investment Tax Credit
Your manufacturing or processing business may be eligible to receive a tax rebate of 25%.
- Equity Tax Credit
Attract more equity financing to your corporation or co-operative by telling potential investors about available tax credits.
- Farm Land Identification Program
If you own real property, farmland and outbuildings, you may qualify to get part of your property taxes deferred.
- Farm Property Class Tax Rate Program
If you own a farm, you could save 75% of the municipal residential tax rate.
- Film Tax Credit
Receive a fully refundable corporate income tax credit for the cost of hiring Nova Scotia residents to work on your film or video production.
- Film and video tax credit
Apply for a refundable provincial corporate income tax credit for your Newfoundland and Labrador film project.
- Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit Program
You may qualify for a tax credit if you employ the services of Canadians in your film or video productions.
- Fiscal Measure — Development of E-Business
Your corporation could benefit from this refundable tax credit if its activities are in IT and are carried out in an establishment located in Quebec.
- Fiscal measure — Production of Multimedia Titles
Do you have a company that produces multimedia titles in Quebec? If so, you should take advantage of this refundable tax credit.
- French in the Workplace Program
Get a tax credit by offering your employees free on-site French courses right in your workplace.
- Gasoline used in unlicensed business equipment
You could get a tax refund if you bought gasoline for use in your unlicensed business equipment.
- Hiring credit for small business
As an employer who has paid more EI premiums in 2012 than in 2011, you could get a credit of up to $1,000 toward your payroll account.
- Innovation and Development Labour Rebate Program
If your business develops or commercializes new products, processes and services, you may be eligible for a tax credit.
- Investment Agriculture Foundation funding programs
If you are part of the agriculture and food processing industry in BC, you could be eligible for funding.
- Labour-sponsored venture capital tax credit
Attract investors to your venture capital corporation by telling them about available tax credits.
- Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Credit
Access a tax credit for your manufacturing or processing business.
- Mitacs Accelerate
Learn how you can expand your R&D potential by recruiting a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow to research your technology project.
- Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
You may be entitled to a 30% refundable tax credit, to a maximum of $30,000 per literary work, if you publish or promote work by a Canadian author.
- Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
If you are an Ontario film or television producer, you may qualify for a refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for productions in Ontario.
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
You may be able to claim a 10% tax credit for scientific research and experimental development done by your Ontario-based corporation in Ontario.
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
You could be eligible for a tax credit toward the labour and marketing costs of your digital media production.
- Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
Your production company could be eligible to receive a refundable tax credit for production expenses.
- Ontario Research and Development Tax Credit
Find out if you qualify for a tax credit for your research and development expenditures.
- Ontario Sound Recording Tax Credit
Your Ontario corporation may qualify for a 20% refundable tax credit for expenses related to the production of a sound recording or music video.
- Ontario Tax Exemption for Commercialization
Your start-up corporation may be eligible for a tax exemption if you sell new products developed by Canadian colleges or universities.
- Ontario business research institute tax credit
You could be eligible for a refundable tax credit for scientific research and experimental development in Ontario.
- Research and development tax credit
You can apply for a 15% tax credit for costs incurred from qualified scientific research and experimental development.
- Resort Property Investment Tax Credit
Construct or expand a high-end tourist resort development in rural Newfoundland and Labrador and your investors can avail themselves of a provincial tax credit.
- Saskatchewan Investment Tax Credit for Manufacturing and Processing
Your manufacturing and processing business may qualify for a tax credit on eligible capital acquisitions.
- Saskatchewan Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Reduction
Your Saskatchewan manufacturing or processing business may be eligible for tax reductions.
- Saskatchewan Mineral Exploration Tax Credit
Your mineral exploration company may be able to offer tax credits to your investors.
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program
You can get a tax credit, if you spend money on industrial R&D in Canada.
- Share Purchase Tax Credit
Attract investors to your company in Prince Edward Island by letting them know about tax credits for investors.
- Small Business Investor Tax Credit
Registering your small business for this program could help you secure capital and access equity financing.
- Small Business Tax Credit
You can benefit from a reduced rate of taxation for your small business.
- Small business deduction
If you operate a Canadian-controlled private corporation, your business may be eligible for an annual tax credit.
- Specialized Labour Tax Credit
You could be eligible to offer specialized workers an incentive to come to work for your business in PEI.
- Tax Credit for R&D Salary for Biopharmaceutical Activities
If you are in the biopharmaceutical industry, your business may be eligible for more favourable terms for this tax measure.
- Tax Credit for the Diversification of Markets of Quebec Manufacturing Companies
Would you like to sell your manufactured products outside Quebec? This tax measure can help you cover your certification costs.
- Tax credit for an on-the-job training period
Does your enterprise need a trainee? If so, you could qualify for a tax credit.
- Tax credit for technological adaptation services
You could obtain a tax credit representing a portion of expenses related to technological adaptation.
- Tax credit for the design of factory-made products (fashion design section)
If your business operates in the fashion or textile industry, you could receive a tax credit for payroll expenses.
- Tax credit for the design of factory-made products (industrial design section)
Your company could get help to carry out industrial design work and make its products more competitive.
- Tax deduction for new small business
Find out how you can avoid paying Nova Scotia corporate income tax for the first three years of your new incorporated business.
- Tax holiday for foreign experts
If you recruit foreign experts for your Quebec innovation project, you could obtain a tax holiday.
- Tax holiday for foreign researchers
If your business does scientific research and experimental development, you could obtain financial assistance to recruit foreign researchers.
- Tax refund for power takeoff equipment
You may qualify for a refund if you paid tax on fuel used in Ontario to operate power takeoff equipment.
- Validation Certificate for Pre-Competitive Research Consortiums
Do you do pre-competitive research and want to create research consortiums? If so, this tax credit can help you.
- Yukon Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Credit
You could get a tax credit of 2.5% on your manufacturing and processing profits.
- Yukon Research and Development Tax Credit
Receive a tax credit of 15% or 20% for eligible research and development costs.
- Yukon Small Business Investment Tax Credit
As an active Yukon entrpreneur, you can apply for a certificate to attract investors with a tax credit.
- Date modified: