Tax refunds and credits
Looking for more return on your business expenditures? Browse potential tax benefits that could help reduce overhead.
- Aerospace Tax Holiday
Your PEI aerospace business may be eligible for a tax rebate.
- Alberta Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit Program
Your corporation may be able to receive a tax credit for scientific research and experimental development expenditures incurred in Alberta.
- Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit
If you hire an apprentice, you could get a tax credit equal to 10% of that person's salary.
- Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
You may qualify for an annual tax credit of up to $5,000 per qualifying apprentice to a maximum of $15,000 over a 36-month period.
- Bioscience Tax Holiday
Your Prince Edward Island bioscience company may be eligible for provincial corporate income tax rebates.
- Book publishing tax credit
Your incorporated book publishing company may be eligible for a tax credit if it primarily carries out business in B.C.
- City of Saskatoon Business Development Incentives Program
Your business may be eligible for a tax abatement from the City of Saskatoon.
- Co-operative Education Tax Credit
You may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to $3,000 if you hire an Ontario co-op student.
- Commercial Fuel Tax Refund
Are you a manufacturer in Saskatchewan? If so, find out if you qualify for provincial fuel tax rebates.
- Community Enterprise Development Tax Credit Program
Is your community-based business in need of capital? Encourage investment in your business by making investors aware of available tax credits.
- Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
Your corporation may qualify for an 18% refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for computer animation and special effects activities.
- Digital media tax credit
Your media business may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to 50% on the cost of developing interactive digital products.
- Direct Equity Tax Credit Program
Invest in a new or expanding small business in Newfoundland and Labrador and receive a provincial income tax credit.
- Economic Diversification and Growth Enterprises
If you establish or expand your business in Newfoundland and Labrador, particularly in rural areas, you may receive tax rebates.
- Enriched Investment Tax Credit
Your manufacturing or processing business may be eligible to receive a tax rebate of 25%.
- Equity Tax Credit
Attract more equity financing to your corporation or co-operative by telling potential investors about available tax credits.
- Exportateurs de classe mondiale Program
If you are in the agri-food business, you could get funding to explore export markets, develop strategies, and seize business opportunities.
- Farm Land Identification Program
If you own real property, farmland and outbuildings, you may qualify to get part of your property taxes deferred.
- Farm Property Class Tax Rate Program
If you own a farm, you could save 75% of the municipal residential tax rate.
- Film and video tax credit
Apply for a refundable provincial corporate income tax credit for your Newfoundland and Labrador film project.
- Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit
You may qualify for a tax credit if you employ the services of Canadians in your film or video productions.
- Financing program for cultural businesses
Explore loans and financial tools that may help you carry out a development or rehabilitation project for your cultural business.
- Fuel tax exemptions or refunds
You can buy tax-exempt fuel for authorized off-road commercial activity in the Yukon.
- Gasoline used in unlicensed business equipment
You could get a tax refund if you bought gasoline for use in your unlicensed business equipment.
- Hiring credit for small business
As an employer who has paid more EI premiums in 2013 than in 2012, you could get a credit of up to $1,000 toward your payroll account.
- Innovation and Development Labour Rebate Program
If your business develops or commercializes new products, processes and services, you may be eligible for a tax credit.
- Interactive Digital Media tax credit
If your business is developing interactive digital media products in the province, you may qualify for a tax credit.
- Interactive digital media tax credit (B.C.)
Your registered corporation could be eligible for a tax credit if you develop interactive digital media products in B.C. after August 31, 2010 and before September 1, 2018.
- Labour-sponsored venture capital tax credit
Attract investors to your venture capital corporation by telling them about available tax credits.
- Neighbourhoods Alive! Tax Credit
Interested in starting a social enterprise? You could receive a tax credit to help you.
- New Small Business Tax Deduction
Find out how you can avoid paying Nova Scotia corporate income tax for the first 3 years of your new incorporated business.
- Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
You may be entitled to a 30% refundable tax credit, to a maximum of $30,000 per literary work, if you publish or promote work by a Canadian author.
- Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
If you are an Ontario film or television producer, you may qualify for a refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for productions in Ontario.
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
You may be able to claim a 10 or 8% tax credit for scientific research and experimental development done by your Ontario-based corporation in Ontario.
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
You could be eligible for a tax credit toward the labour and marketing costs of your digital media production.
- Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
Your production company could be eligible to receive a refundable tax credit for production expenses.
- Ontario Research and Development Tax Credit
Find out if you qualify for a tax credit for your research and development expenditures.
- Ontario Tax Exemption for Commercialization
Your corporation may be eligible for a tax exemption if you sell new products developed by Canadian colleges or universities.
- Ontario business research institute tax credit
You could be eligible for a refundable tax credit for scientific research and experimental development in Ontario.
- Paid Work Experience Tax Credits
Are you ready to grow your workforce? Get help to recruit and retain qualified young workers.
- Recognition for Pre-Competitive Research Consortia
Do you do pre-competitive research and want to create research consortia? If so, this tax credit can help you.
- Refundable tax credit for film production services
Do you own a film or television production business? If so, you could get a tax credit for labour costs and the cost of qualified properties.
- Research and Development Tax Credit
You can apply for a 15% tax credit for costs incurred from qualified scientific research and experimental development.
- Saskatchewan Investment Tax Credit for Manufacturing and Processing
Your manufacturing and processing business may qualify for a tax credit on eligible capital acquisitions.
- Saskatchewan Mineral Exploration Tax Credit
Your mineral exploration company may be able to offer tax credits to your investors.
- Saskatchewan manufacturing and processing profits tax reduction
Your Saskatchewan manufacturing or processing business may be eligible for tax reductions.
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program
You can get a tax credit if you spend money on industrial R&D in Canada.
- Share Purchase Tax Credit
Attract investors to your company in Prince Edward Island by letting them know about tax credits for investments.
- Small Business Investor Tax Credit Program
Find out about personal and corporate tax credits available for investing in eligible small businesses in NB.
- Small Business Tax Credit
You can benefit from a reduced rate of taxation for your small business.
- Small business deduction
If you operate a Canadian-controlled private corporation, your business may be eligible for an annual tax credit.
- Specialized Labour Tax Credit
You could be eligible to offer specialized workers an incentive to come to work for your business in PEI.
- Tax Credit for Salaries and Wages (R&D)
If you carry out scientific research and experimental development work, your business could benefit from this tax measure.
- Tax Credit for the Integration of IT in Manufacturing and Primary Sector SMBs
Looking to modernize your business processes? Your manufacturing or primary sector SME could get a refundable tax credit for the integration of IT.
- Tax credit for an on-the-job training period
Does your business need a trainee? If so, you could qualify for a tax credit.
- Tax credit for multimedia event or environment productions sponsored outside Quebec
Your multimedia event or environment production business could get a tax credit for its projects showcased outside Quebec.
- Tax credit for pre-competitive private partnership research
Put this tax measure to work for your (SR&ED) projects carried out in Quebec, in partnership with another private company.
- Tax credit for technological adaptation services
You could receive a tax credit representing a portion of expenses related to technological adaptation services.
- Tax credit for the design of factory-made products (fashion design section)
If your business operates in the fashion or textile industry, you could receive a tax credit for payroll expenses.
- Tax credit for the design of factory-made products (industrial design component)
Your business could get help to carry out industrial design work and make its products more competitive.
- Tax credit for the development of e-business
Your corporation could benefit from this refundable tax credit if its activities are in IT and are carried out in an establishment located in Quebec.
- Tax credit for the modernization of a tourist accommodation establishment
You could receive a refundable tax credit for renovations made to your tourist accommodation establishment.
- Tax credits — Market Diversification for Quebec Manufacturing Companies
Would you like to sell your manufactured products outside Quebec? This tax measure can help you cover your certification costs.
- Tax credits for production of multimedia titles
Do you have a company that produces multimedia titles in Quebec? If so, you should take advantage of this refundable tax credit.
- Tax holiday for a new business created to commercialize a given intellectual property
Take advantage of this provincial tax holiday for your new business created to commercialize a given intellectual property.
- Tax holiday for foreign experts
If you recruit foreign experts for your Quebec innovation project, you could obtain a tax holiday.
- Tax holiday for foreign researchers
If your business does scientific research and experimental development, you could obtain financial assistance to recruit foreign researchers.
- Tax refund for power takeoff equipment
You may qualify for a refund if you paid tax on fuel used in Ontario to operate power takeoff equipment.
- Town of Conception Bay South Business Incentive Programs
If you are opening a business or expanding an existing business in the Town of Conception Bay South, you can apply for a business tax reduction.
- Training tax credit for employers
Obtain tax credits if you employ apprentices enrolled in apprenticeship programs administered through the Industry Training Authority.
- Yukon Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Credit
You could get a tax credit on your manufacturing and processing profits.
- Yukon Research and Development Tax Credit
Receive a tax credit of 15% or 20% for eligible research and development costs.
- Yukon Small Business Investment Tax Credit
As an active Yukon entrpreneur, you can apply for a certificate to attract investors with a tax credit.
- Date modified: