Tax refunds and credits
Looking for more return on your business expenditures? Browse potential tax benefits that could help reduce overhead.
- Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit
If you hire an apprentice, you could get a tax credit equal to 10% of that person's salary.
- Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
You may qualify for an annual tax credit of up to $5,000 per qualifying apprentice to a maximum of $15,000 over a 36-month period.
- Co-operative Education Tax Credit
You may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to $3,000 if you hire an Ontario co-op student.
- Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
Your corporation may qualify for an 18% refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for computer animation and special effects activities.
- Farm Property Class Tax Rate Program
If you own a farm, you could save 75% of the municipal residential tax rate.
- Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit
You may qualify for a tax credit if you employ the services of Canadians in your film or video productions.
- Gasoline used in unlicensed business equipment
You could get a tax refund if you bought gasoline for use in your unlicensed business equipment.
- Hiring credit for small business
As an employer who has paid more EI premiums in 2013 than in 2012, you could get a credit of up to $1,000 toward your payroll account.
- Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
You may be entitled to a 30% refundable tax credit, to a maximum of $30,000 per literary work, if you publish or promote work by a Canadian author.
- Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
If you are an Ontario film or television producer, you may qualify for a refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for productions in Ontario.
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
You may be able to claim a 10 or 8% tax credit for scientific research and experimental development done by your Ontario-based corporation in Ontario.
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
You could be eligible for a tax credit toward the labour and marketing costs of your digital media production.
- Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
Your production company could be eligible to receive a refundable tax credit for production expenses.
- Ontario Research and Development Tax Credit
Find out if you qualify for a tax credit for your research and development expenditures.
- Ontario Tax Exemption for Commercialization
Your corporation may be eligible for a tax exemption if you sell new products developed by Canadian colleges or universities.
- Ontario business research institute tax credit
You could be eligible for a refundable tax credit for scientific research and experimental development in Ontario.
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program
You can get a tax credit if you spend money on industrial R&D in Canada.
- Small business deduction
If you operate a Canadian-controlled private corporation, your business may be eligible for an annual tax credit.
- Tax refund for power takeoff equipment
You may qualify for a refund if you paid tax on fuel used in Ontario to operate power takeoff equipment.
- Date modified: