Are high wage expectations making you reluctant to put up that Help Wanted sign? A wage subsidy program can put the perfect employee within your reach.
- Agriculture Development Fund
Access funding to undertake agriculture or food research and development.
- Alberta Innovates r&D Associates
You could get financial help with hiring a Master's or PhD graduate to conduct research and related activities for your business.
- Apprenticeship Job Creation Tax Credit
If you hire an apprentice, you could get a tax credit equal to 10% of that person's salary.
- Apprenticeship Training Assistance
Hiring an apprentice? You may be able to obtain a subsidy to cover a portion of their wages.
- Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
You may qualify for an annual tax credit of up to $10,000 per qualifying apprentice to a maximum of $40,000 over a 48 month period.
- Business growth and competitiveness — Youth internships
If your business is in Northern Ontario, you could get help to hire a recent graduate to work on your information and communications technology project.
- Canada Summer Jobs
If you hire students for the summer, this subsidy could help you cover 50% of their wages.
- Career Focus
You could get money to help you hire and pay college or university graduates, if you can give them useful work experience.
- Child Care — Quality Improvement Funding Support
You can apply for funding to increase the wages of eligible employees at your child day care facility, or to offer them bonuses.
- Co-op Education and Apprenticeship Tax Credits
Are you ready to grow your workforce? Get help to recruit and retain qualified young workers.
- Co-operative Education Tax Credit
You may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to $3,000 if you hire an Ontario co-op student.
- Community Futures Program
If you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the Northwest Territories, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Connect Canada internships
You could receive funding of $5,000 to help pay the salary of a graduate student or a post-doctoral fellow for 4 to 6 months to help with your advanced R&D project.
- Continuing Education Program
Apply for funding to hire a substitute at your daycare while your employees upgrade their skills.
- Early Childhood Enhancement Grant
You can apply for a grant to improve employee salaries and benefits at your daycare.
- Employ PEI
As a PEI business owner, you can apply for a wage subsidy to hire and train eligible individuals for up to a year.
- Employer Wage Incentive – Workforce Expansion
You could receive temporary wage reimbursements when you create permanent jobs or annually recurring seasonal jobs in your business.
- Employer signing bonus
Find out if you qualify for a signing bonus when you hire a youth as a new apprentice in certain trades in Ontario.
- Employment Incentives Program
You could receive technical and financial assistance to hire a qualified employee who has had a workplace injury.
- Employment Integration Program for Immigrants and Visible Minorities (PRIIME)
You could receive a subsidy to hire immigrants and members of visible minorities to help them integrate into the labour market.
- Employment Manitoba
Find the help you need to build your small business workforce.
- Employment integration — Wage subsidies
Do you need financial support to hire employees? If so, this measure could help you.
- Energy Training Program for Students
Find out how you could receive a wage subsidy to hire a student for a work term in your energy sector business.
- Environmental Youth Corps
Your environmental business may be eligible to create a full-time internship for skilled graduates in your industry.
- Film Tax Credit
Receive a fully refundable corporate income tax credit for the cost of hiring Nova Scotia residents to work on your film or video production.
- Film and video tax credit
Apply for a refundable provincial corporate income tax credit for your Newfoundland and Labrador film project.
- ForeFront Internship Program
If your business is working on commercializing medical or health-related technologies you could get funding for interns.
- French in the Workplace Program
Get a tax credit by offering your employees free on-site French courses right in your workplace.
- Get Youth Working Program
If you hire youth between the ages of 15–29, you could be eligible for a $2,800 hiring incentive for each of up to three new employees.
- Graduate Employment Program
Apply for a wage subsidy to hire a recent post-secondary graduate in your for-profit or not-for-profit business.
- High Demand Youth Internship Program
If your business is in a high demand sector, you could be eligible to apply for a wage subsidy to hire and train youth to work for your business in the near future.
- Housing Internship Initiative for First Nations and Inuit Youth
Your housing-related Aboriginal business may qualify for wage subsidies to hire and train First Nations or Inuit youths.
- Human Resources Planning Program
You could obtain up to $1,000 to hire human resource expertise.
- Industrial R&D Fellowships Program
You could get help to hire a PhD graduate to work on a research project in natural sciences or engineering for your business for 2 years.
- Industrial R&D Internship Program (IRDI)
Your not-for-profit corporation could receive funding to create private sector research internships for science and technology graduate students and post-doctoral fellows.
- Industrial Undergraduate Student Research Awards
If you are a university student, you could gain research work experience in the natural sciences and engineering to complement your studies.
- Industry-Academic Collaboration Programs
Learn about financing and support that may help you develop and commercialize innovative techniques, products and services in Ontario.
- Innovation and Development Labour Rebate Program
If your business develops or commercializes new products, processes and services, you may be eligible for a tax credit.
- Investment Agriculture Foundation funding programs
If you are part of the agriculture and food processing industry in BC, you could be eligible for funding.
- Job Creation Partnerships
You may be eligible for funding to hire unemployed workers.
- Métis Employment Services
Thinking of hiring? If so, your business may qualify for wage subsidies of up to 50%.
- Manitoba Works — Wage Subsidy for Employers
Apply for a wage subsidy to help pay for on-the-job training for your employees.
- Mitacs Accelerate
Learn how you can expand your R&D potential by recruiting a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow to research your technology project.
- Mitacs Enterprise
You could receive funding to help pay the salary of a graduate with technical and business-management expertise for a competitive 6-month internship.
- Northern Ontario Development Program
Apply for financing to grow your business in Northern Ontario.
- Northern Ontario Development Program — Business Growth and Competitiveness
Find out how you could get funding to support your business activity in Northern Ontario.
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. Payroll Rebate
You could receive a payroll rebate for your export or growth sector-oriented project.
- Nunavut Prospector's Program
Find out how you could get up to $8,000 for prospecting projects in Nunavut.
- On-the-Job Training Program
You could hire a qualified employee at no cost, in return for providing training and work experience.
- Ontario Exporters Fund
Apply for funding to help you hire an export manager to develop an export plan for your existing business.
- Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
If you are an Ontario film or television producer, you may qualify for a refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for productions in Ontario.
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
You could be eligible for a tax credit toward the labour and marketing costs of your digital media production.
- Ontario Job Creation Partnerships
If you are planning a new business project that benefits the community, you could be eligible to hire a subsidized job seeker.
- Ontario Labour Market Partnerships
You can apply for funding to deal with labour force changes.
- Ontario Youth Employment Fund
You may be eligible for funding towards the cost of wages and training for new employees if you provide job placements of 4 to 6 months to youth in Ontario.
- Rural Jobs Initiative
Apply for a wage subsidy to hire someone who lives in PEI to work for you outside of the Greater Charlottetown area and the Urban Core of Summerside.
- START Program
Financial incentives are available for you to hire ready-to-work Nova Scotians.
- Science Horizons Youth Internship Program
If your business or not-for-profit organization undertakes environmental science projects, you could receive up to $12,000 to hire an intern for at least six months.
- Science and Technology Internship Program
If your business is in the geomatics, geology, mining, forestry or energy industry, you could get money to hire a recent graduate of natural sciences.
- Skills Link
Need employees? You could receive money to hire and train a youth between the ages of 15 and 30 to work on your project.
- Strategic Cooperative Education Incentive
You could get up to $10.00 per hour to help pay for a university or community college co-op student to work at your business.
- Student Work and Services Program — Paid Employment Component
Apply for a wage subsidy to hire a post-secondary student in your for-profit or not-for-profit business.
- Summer Jobs Service (Northern Ontario)
Find funding to hire a student for your Northern Ontario business this summer.
- Summer Jobs Service (Ontario)
You can apply for a hiring incentive if you hire a student for a summer job placement.
- Support for hiring persons with disabilities
Thinking of hiring a person with a disability? If so, find out about financial options that can help you offer them a job.
- Support for hiring workers who have suffered employment injuries
You may be able to obtain a grant to hire workers who have suffered employment injuries.
- Supported Child Care Grant
Apply for a grant to create or sustain an inclusive child care program for children with special needs.
- TECTERRA Geomatics Technology Programs
If you are an entrepreneur in the geomatics industry, you could access funding and resources that can help you develop and commercialize your business.
- Tax credit for an on-the-job training period
Does your enterprise need a trainee? If so, you could qualify for a tax credit.
- Tax holiday for foreign researchers
If your business does scientific research and experimental development, you could obtain financial assistance to recruit foreign researchers.
- Training on the Job
If your business is in the Northwest Territories you could get a wage subsidy to train your employees and increase the skills of your workforce.
- Training-on-the-job program
You may receive funding when you hire an employee who was injured on the job and who is unable to perform previous duties.
- Wage Incentive — One-job Pledge
You could receive wage reimbursements for 52 weeks to hire a recent post-secondary graduate.
- Wage Subsidy for Persons with Disabilities
You could obtain a wage subsidy of up to $12,500 if you hire a person with a disability to work for you.
- Work Ability
You could be eligible for wage subsidies to provide participants with job exposure to make them "job ready".
- Workplace Training — Employer Information
If you are planning to hire new employees, you may be able to get a reimbursement for up to 70% of workplace training costs.
- Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages
Your incorporated non-profit organization may be eligible for an opportunity to create an internship or summer job.
- Youth Employment Program
You could obtain financial assistance to hire a skilled post-secondary graduate to work on your innovative project.
- Date modified: