Is your business as productive as you would like it to be? As a business owner you may feel that working longer hours and working faster will increase your company's productivity. What if you could get the same results in less time? The following information can help you work smarter and more efficiently.
- Improving your productivity with technology
Find programs and resources to help you adopt and use information and communications technologies (ICTs) in your business.
- How your company can work smarter
How innovative is your company? Find out how to work smarter and improve the efficiency of your company.
- Productivity Alberta
Find out about the latest in productivity improvement tools, benchmarking, resources, events and services.
- VentureOne Program™ — Canada Post
Learn how you can reduce your shipping costs by up to 8%.
Financing for productivity
Use our government grants and financing search to find financing programs that will help you increase your productivity.
- PEI Product Development Fund
You could receive financing to help you generate new products, add value to existing products, and create new markets through BIO|FOOD|TECH.
- APEX Investment Fund
If your business is in one of three key industry sectors, you may be able to attract an equity investment of up to $5 million from this private fund.
- Aboriginal Business Development Program
Apply for financing to start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- Aboriginal Business Development Program – territories
If you are Aboriginal and live in the territories, you could get financing to start or grow a business.
- AgriMarketing Program
Do you have an agricultural business? You could get money to advertise and market your agricultural products and adapt appropriate assurance systems.
- AgriProcessing Initiative
If you are a Canadian processor of agricultural products, you could receive money for new machinery to help you update your manufacturing processes.
- Alberta BoostR
This crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta businesses raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
As a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- Aquaculture Loan Program
Apply for a loan to establish, maintain or expand your aquaculture business.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — Loan Services
If you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you can apply for a loan to start or expand your business.
- BDC Technology financing — Information and communications technology loan
Do you need financing for your technology projects? Find out how you could get a loan to pay for information and communications technology for your business.
- BDC growth capital for aboriginal business
Find out how you could get money to help start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- Broadband for E-business and Marketing (Muskoka)
You may be eligible for financial support to help your Muskoka business develop and exploit e-business strategies and applications.
- Broadband for E-business and Marketing (North Bay)
You may be eligible for financial support to help your business in the North Bay region develop and exploit e-business strategies and applications.
- Broadband for E-business and Marketing (Timmins)
You may be eligible for financial support to help your business in the Timmins region develop and exploit e-business strategies and applications.
- Business Investment Fund
Need financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province’s strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Business Opportunity Grant
If you are an agriculture producer, producer group or a new entrant to the industry you may be eligible for funding for your projects.
- Business growth and competitiveness — Youth internships
If your business is in Northern Ontario, you could get help to hire a recent graduate to work on your information and communications technology project.
- Canada Book Fund
You could receive financial assistance for your Canadian book publishing business.
- Canada Feature Film Fund
If you are an incorporated Canadian film producer, you could receive money to develop, produce and market your movies in English or French.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Access funds for your small business with the help of this loan guarantee program.
- Capital Investment Incentive
You could be eligible for a reimbursement for buying productivity-enhancing equipment for your business.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
You may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small Business Loans
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneurs
You could get money to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures Manitoba
Find out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program
If you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the Northwest Territories, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businesses
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
Your corporation may qualify for a 20% refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for computer animation and special effects activities.
- Conseil de la coopération de la Saskatchewan: Financing
If you are a Francophone living in Saskatchewan, you may be able to get financing to start or grow a business.
- Cultural industries — Financial assistance
Find out how you could get money to help cover costs related to your film, television, new media, music or publishing business.
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
If you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- Enriched Investment Tax Credit
Your manufacturing or processing business may be eligible to receive a tax rebate of 25%.
- Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation
If you live in the Cape Breton or Mulgrave areas, you could get money to help you start or grow your business or to upgrade your website.
- Environmental Youth Corps
Your environmental business may be eligible to create a full-time internship for skilled graduates in your industry.
- Farm Business Development Initiative
As a Saskatchewan farmer, you can apply for funding to access farm-related training or to help with the cost of hiring a consulting service.
- Financial Assistance to Industry Program
You could get a loan or loan guarantee to start, grow or maintain your business in New Brunswick.
- Financial support for agricultural fairs
You could receive financial assistance to carry out your agricultural fair project.
- Fisheries loans
Are you a commercial fisher? You could get a loan to help pay for a fishing boat or other fishing equipment.
- Fonds d'investissement de la culture et des communications
If your business is dedicated to the creation, production and dissemination of cultural content, and provides technical or technological support services to content businesses, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakers
If you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- INNOV8 Program
You could get money to help your business improve processes, increase productivity, commercialization, advance technology, export or innovate.
- Information Technology Implementation Program
You may be eligible to receive financing to implement information technology solutions and strategies for your export-oriented business.
- Information Technology Planning
You could receive up to $5,000 to cover a maximum of 50% of the cost of acquiring technical support for your PEI business.
- Investing in Business Growth and Productivity
Your established Ontario business or not-for-profit organization may be eligible for funding to grow and be more productive.
- Investment Agriculture Foundation funding programs
If you are part of the agriculture and food processing industry in BC, you could be eligible for funding.
- Livestock Loan Guarantee Program
Find out about alternative financing solutions to purchase livestock or construct feedlot facilities.
- Manufacturing and processing loans
Find out about term financing and lines of credit for your manufacturing and processing business.
- Micro-Business Training Pilot Program
If you are over 19 years of age with no formal post-secondary education, you could receive up to $1500 of funding for business education courses.
- NB Growth Program
You could get a grant of up to $100,000 to start a business, or up to $60,000 to expand, diversify or improve your small business.
- Northern Agriculture Program
Access funding and practical support if you're a northern resident involved in agriculture, food production and the supply of healthy foods in northern Manitoba.
- Northern Community Capacity Building Programs (Northern Ontario)
You may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $150,000 to support certain types of business related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Northern Development Fund
You could access grants to develop your Northern Saskatchewan business.
- Nova Scotia Business Development Program
You could qualify for a government rebate to help vitalize your start-up or existing business.
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. Payroll Rebate
You could receive a payroll rebate for your export or growth sector-oriented project.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
You may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Productivity Improvement Program
You could get money to hire experts to show you how to make your manufacturing, processing or export business more productive.
- Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program
Get free help from a Nova Scotia university or college to make your business more productive and innovative.
- Professional Service Assistance Program
You could get a non-repayable contribution of up to $1,000 to pay for professional advisory support.
- Programme d'aide à la mise en valeur des forêts privées
If you are a recognized forestry producer, you could obtain funding to conduct forestry activities in private forests.
- Quality Improvement Support Program
You could receive financing to enhance trade and export opportunities and improve your competitiveness in the global marketplace.
- Réseau des SADC et CAE (Network of CFDCs and CBDCs)
If you live in a rural region of Quebec, you could access business counseling, financing and training to start or grow your business.
- Regional Development Fund
Need to enhance skills essential for regional economic development? If you run a non-profit organization in Newfoundland and Labrador, you could be eligible for funding.
- Saskatchewan Agri-Value Initiative
Up to $100,000 of funding may be available for you to establish or grow your agri-business.
- Shellfish Aquaculture Working Capital Fund
Access working capital to expand your existing commercial aquaculture business.
- Sivummut Grants to Small Businesses
If you live in the Baffin (Qikiqtaaluk) region of Nunavut, you could get up to $25,000 to start or grow a business there.
- Small Business Loans Association Program
You may be eligible for a loan of up to $20,000 even if you have had difficulty getting financing through traditional methods.
- Strategic Industries Development Fund
If your business undertakes a strategic industry-related project, you may be eligible for funding if the project provides positive economic outcomes.
- Strategic Investments Program — Nunavut Equity Investment Fund
If you live in Nunavut, you could get money to start or grow a business in mining, tourism, cultural industries or fisheries.
- Student Summer Employment Wage Subsidy Program
You could get a wage subsidy to hire a high school or post-secondary student for the summer.
- Tax credit for the design of factory-made products (industrial design component)
Your business could get help to carry out industrial design work and make its products more competitive.
- Toronto Enterprise Fund
You could receive operating or seed funding for starting or managing a social enterprise that provides employment or training for vulnerable people.
- Vessel Loan
Apply for a loan to purchase, build or modify your fishing vessel in Nova Scotia.
- Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative
Your Western business could get financial assistance to bring innovative products, processes and services to market.
- Winter Production Financing Program
Your new or expanding craft and giftware manufacturing business could receive financing to increase its production during the winter months.
- Workforce Training Measurement
Your business could receive technical or financial assistance for your employee training projects.
- Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive
You can apply for funding to train your employees and help boost productivity.
- Workplace Skills Enhancement Program
Do your employees need training to improve the productivity and global competitiveness of your business? If so, you could be eligible for funding.
- Yukon Agriculture Development
You could receive funding to develop agricultural projects that can improve the economic conditions of your region.
- Yukon Underutilized Land Initiative
Receive up to $250 per hectare to use farm land that has not been used for agriculture for several years.
- Date modified: