Is your business as productive as you would like it to be? As a business owner you may feel that working longer hours and working faster will increase the productivity of your business. What if you could get the same results in less time? The following information can help you work smarter and more efficiently.
- Improving your productivity with technology
Find programs and resources to help you adopt and use information and communications technologies in your business.
- Working smarter: Strategies for improving business productivity
How innovative is your company? Find out how to work smarter and improve the efficiency of your company.
- GO Productivity
Find out about the latest in productivity improvement tools, benchmarking, resources, events and services.
Financing for productivity
Use our government grants and financing search to find financing programs that will help you increase your productivity.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing business
Get a loan of up to $50,000 within 2 to 5 business days. There are no fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- BDC Technology financing — Information and communications technology loan
Find out how you could get a loan to help buy or upgrade information and communications technology for your business.
- BDC growth capital for aboriginal business
Find out how you could get money to help start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- CBDC General Business Loan
If you’re an entrepreneur living in a rural community in Atlantic Canada, you could get help to expand your existing business or buy a new one.
- CBDC Innovation Loan
If you're an entrepreneur living in rural Atlantic Canada, you could get help to support your innovative projects.
- PEI Product Development Fund
You could receive financing to help you generate new products, add value to existing products, and create new markets through BIO|FOOD|TECH.
- APEX Investment Fund
If your business is in one of three key industry sectors, you may be able to attract an equity investment of up to $5 million from this private fund.
- Aboriginal Business and Entrepreneurship Development
Apply for financing to start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- Aboriginal Initiatives Fund II
Your aboriginal organization could benefit from a range of financial assistance for projects that support community development.
- Alberta BoostR
This crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta business raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
As a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- Aquaculture Capital Equity Program
Your aquaculture business could be eligible for a government investment to match a private sector cash investment.
- Aquaculture Loan Program
Apply for a loan to establish, maintain or expand your aquaculture business.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — Financing
If you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you can apply for a loan to start or expand your business.
- Broadband for E-business and Marketing (Muskoka)
You may be eligible for financial support to help your Muskoka business develop and implement e-business strategies and applications.
- Business Investment Fund
Need financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province’s strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Business Opportunity Grant
If you are an agriculture producer, producer group or a new entrant to the industry you may be eligible for funding for your projects.
- Business growth and competitiveness — Youth internships
If your business is in Northern Ontario, you could get help to hire a recent graduate to work on your information and communications technology project.
- Canada Book Fund
You could receive financial assistance for your Canadian book publishing business.
- Canada Feature Film Fund
If you are an incorporated Canadian film producer, you could receive money to develop, produce and market your movies in English or French.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Access funds for your small business with the help of this loan guarantee program.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
You may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small business loans
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneurs
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures Manitoba
Find out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program
If you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the NWT, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businesses
You could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
Your corporation may qualify for an 18% refundable tax credit based on labour expenses for computer animation and special effects activities.
- Créativité Québec
Your business could get funding to buy new technology, or to develop or improve products and processes.
- Cultural industries — Financial assistance
Find out how you could get money to help cover costs related to your film, television, new media, music or publishing business.
- ESSOR — Forestry Business Component
Want to increase the operational efficiency of your business? You could get a loan guarantee for the acquisition or replacement of forestry equipment.
- ESSOR Program — Funding support for development projects
You could get funding to create a new business, or to upgrade your processes or facilities.
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
If you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- Enriched Investment Tax Credit
Your manufacturing or processing business may be eligible to receive a tax rebate of 25%.
- Entrepreneur Support (SEED)
You may be eligible to receive a grant to start a new business or to improve the capacity of your existing business.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development Fund
If you are Aboriginal and live in the territories, you could get financing to start or grow a business.
- Environmental Youth Corps Internship Program
Thinking of hiring a graduate for a position related to the environment? A wage subsidy may be available.
- Farm Business Development Initiative
As a Saskatchewan farmer, you can apply for funding to access farm-related training or to help with the cost of hiring a consulting service.
- Financial Assistance Program for the Development of Private Woodlots
If you are a recognized forestry producer, you could get funding to conduct forestry operations in private forests.
- Financial Support for Aspiring Farmers
If you are a Quebec farmer and want to take over an existing farm or start a new one, this funding could be for you.
- Financial assistance for music production and variety programming
Do you own a music, entertainment-production, or artist management company? If so, you could get a grant for your commercial activities.
- Financial support for agricultural fairs
You could receive financial assistance to carry out your agricultural fair project.
- Financing for collective entrepreneurship
Your cooperative or non-profit organization could receive a loan for your acquisition, growth, reorganization, or consolidation projects.
- Financing program for cultural businesses
Explore loans and financial tools that may help you carry out a development or rehabilitation project for your cultural business.
- Fisheries Technology and New Opportunities Program
You could access funding for research and development projects in the harvesting and processing sectors.
- Fisheries and aquaculture loans
Your commercial fishery and/or aquaculture business may be eligible for funding.
- Fisheries loans
Are you a commercial fisher? You could get a loan to help pay for a fishing boat or other fishing equipment.
- Fonds d'investissement de la culture et des communications
Benefit from this funding if your business creates, produces and distributes cultural content, and offers technical/technological support to content businesses.
- Fonds de développement de la transformation alimentaire
Do you have a food processing business? If so, you could get financial assistance to increase your productivity and competitiveness.
- Fonds de diversification économique — MRC des Sources
Are you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Regional County Municipality of Des Sources? You could get financial assistance.
- Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la Mauricie
Are you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Centre-du-Québec and Mauricie regions? You could get financial support.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakers
If you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- Grants and professional development — Arts sector
Are you a Saskatchewan resident looking for funding or professional development in the arts? Learn about the various programs available to entrepreneurs.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Value — Commercialization
If you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could receive financing for pre-commercialization, commercialization and market development activities.
- IMPLIQ Financing
This financing could help you start or expand your co-operative or non-profit organization.
- Information Technology Implementation Program
You may be eligible to receive financing to implement information technology solutions and strategies for your export-oriented business.
- Information Technology Planning
You could receive up to $5,000 to cover a maximum of 50% of the cost of acquiring technical support for your PEI business.
- Innov'Action Agri-Food Program — Innovation in food processing products and processes
You could get financial support to foster the delivery of food processing projects related to product and process innovation.
- Investing in Business Growth and Productivity
Your established Ontario business or not-for-profit organization may be eligible for funding to grow and be more productive.
- Investment Agriculture Foundation funding programs
If you are part of the agriculture and food processing industry in BC, you could be eligible for funding.
- Investment Fund Grant Programs
If you are an artist or creative producer in Saskatchewan with a product ready to sell, you can apply to receive a grant to support your efforts.
- Livestock Loan Guarantee Program
Find out about alternative financing solutions to purchase livestock or construct feedlot facilities.
- Makigiaqvik Loans
If you have an Inuit-owned business you may be eligible for a loan of up to $50,000.
- Manufacturing and processing loans
Find out about term financing and lines of credit for your manufacturing and processing business.
- Market Development, Product Enhancement and Diversification Program
If you work in New Brunswick's agri-food industry, you may be eligible for financial assistance to target and/or expand export markets.
- Micro-Business Training Pilot Program
If you are over 19 years of age with no recognized certifications or post-secondary credits, you could receive up to $1000 of funding for business education courses.
- Music PEI Funding Program
If you are a musical artist from PEI, you may apply for a grant to assist you in developing your craft.
- Northern Community Capacity Building Programs (Northern Ontario)
You may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $150,000 to support certain types of business related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. Payroll Rebate
You could receive a payroll rebate for your knowledge-based, growth sector-oriented project.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
You may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Prêt à entreprendre
Are you starting a business or thinking of buying an existing one in Quebec? If so, you could get a loan on trust and support services.
- Productivity Improvement Program
You could get money to hire experts to show you how to make your manufacturing, processing or export business more productive.
- Productivity and Innovation Voucher Program
Get free help from a Nova Scotia university or college to make your business more productive and innovative.
- Professional Service Assistance Program
You could get a non-repayable contribution of up to $1,000 to pay for professional advisory support.
- Program to Support Diversification and Regional Development
Do you own a farming business? If so, you could get financial support to increase productivity and diversify your activities.
- Programme PME en action — Appui à la concrétisation de projets d'investissement
Looking to invest in Quebec's manufacturing or major services industries? You could receive funding for your feasibility studies and market analysis.
- Programme PME en action — Appui à la productivité des PME
If your business is part of the manufacturing or major services sector, you could get funding to grow your business and implement targeted business practices.
- Programme Innov'Action agroalimentaire — Innovation en production agricole
You could get financial support to help your business increase its competitiveness by adopting the results of applied research by the agricultural sector.
- Programme Levier for the food processing industry — Strategic development
Your food processing business could get financial assistance for its strategic development projects and to enhance its competitiveness.
- Programme Levier for the food processing industry — Sustainable business partnerships
Your food processing association or business combination could get financial assistance for its business partnership projects.
- Programme d'appui à la commercialisation des aliments québécois
Your bio-food business could be eligible to receive a non-repayable financial contribution for marketing activities in Quebec.
- Quality Improvement Support Program
You could receive financing to enhance trade and export opportunities and improve your competitiveness in the global marketplace.
- Quebec Economic Development Program (QEDP)
Find out about financial and other resources that can help you develop your Quebec business.
- Réseau des SADC et CAE (Network of CFDCs and CBDCs)
If you live in a rural region of Quebec, you could access business counseling, financing and training to start or grow your business.
- Regional Development Fund
Need to enhance skills essential for regional economic development? If you run a non-profit organization in Newfoundland and Labrador, you could be eligible for funding.
- SMART Operational Assessments Program
Are you a Northern Ontario manufacturer? You could receive assistance to improve your operations.
- SMART Program — Advanced Technologies for Global Growth
As a Southern Ontario manufacturer, you could get financing to invest in advanced technologies.
- Saskatchewan Agri-Value Initiative
Up to $100,000 of funding may be available for you to establish or grow your agri-business.
- Sivummut Grants to Small Businesses
If you live in the Baffin (Qikiqtaaluk) region of Nunavut, you could get up to $25,000 to start or grow a business.
- Small Business Coaching Program
You may be eligible for a reimbursement of 75% of your coaching fees to help you grow and develop your business.
- Strategic Industries Development Fund
If your business undertakes a strategic industry-related project, you may be eligible for funding if the project provides positive economic outcomes.
- Strategic Investments Program — Nunavut Equity Investment Fund
If you live in Nunavut, you could get money to start or grow a business.
- Support Program for Oyster Culture Operations
Obtain financial assistance in the form of a non-repayable contribution, if your business promotes the growth of oyster farming in New Brunswick.
- Tax credit for the design of factory-made products (industrial design component)
Your business could get help to carry out industrial design work and make its products more competitive.
- Toronto Enterprise Fund
You could receive funding to start or manage a social enterprise that provides employment or training for socially marginalized people.
- Vessel Loan Program
Apply for a loan to purchase, build or modify your fishing vessel.
- Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative
Your Western business could get financial assistance to bring innovative products, processes and services to market.
- Winter Production Financing Program
Your new or expanding craft and giftware manufacturing business could receive financing to increase its production during the winter months.
- Workforce training measures
Your business could receive technical or financial assistance for your employee training projects.
- Workplace Education Initiative
Apply for funding to develop and increase essential skills in your workplace.
- Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive
You can apply for funding to train your employees and help boost productivity.
- Yukon Agriculture Development
You could receive funding to develop agricultural projects that can improve the economic conditions of your region.
- Yukon Underutilized Land Program
Receive up to $250 per hectare to revive your farm land and up to $0.50 per linear foot to rebuild certain fences.
- Date modified: