Funding and incentive programs for greening your business
Are you interested in applying innovative sustainable development measures in your business? Maybe you'd like to improve your production and consumption methods to make them greener and more efficient.
Find financial assistance programs that can help you make your business more environmentally friendly and more energy efficient.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing business
Get a loan of up to $50,000 within 5 business days. There are no fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- Agriculture Development Fund
Access funding to undertake agriculture or food research and development.
- Alberta BoostR
This crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta business raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
As a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- Bioenterprise Seed Funding Program
Has your business developed a unique agricultural or agri-food innovation in Southern Ontario? You could access seed financing and business coaching.
- Branché au travail
You could get financial assistance to install electric vehicle charging stations for your employee's use.
- Business Energy Rebates
Find out how to receive a rebate when you buy energy efficient products for your business.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Access funds for your small business with the help of this loan guarantee program.
- Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation
Access financial assistance, workshops, and other services that can help your industrial facility save energy.
- Coast Opportunity Funds — Economic Development Fund
Obtain funding for your sustainable business or economic development activities if you are a Participating First Nation (or individual member of one) on the BC coast.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
You may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Conservation Fund
You could receive funding for new energy conservation programs and technology for your business.
- ESSOR — Forestry Business Component
Want to increase the operational efficiency of your business? You could get a loan guarantee for the acquisition or replacement of forestry equipment.
- ESSOR Program — Funding support for development projects
You could get funding to create a new business, or to upgrade your processes or facilities.
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
If you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- Electric Vehicle Incentive and Charging Incentive Programs
You might be eligible for rebates toward the purchase or lease of a new plug-in hybrid electric or battery electric vehicle and a charging station.
- Energy Smart Commercial Buildings Retrofit Program
You could get up to $3,000 to evaluate the energy efficiency of your business and up to $75,000 to pay for the energy upgrades.
- Farm Credit Canada — loans and lending options
You could access flexible financing options for your farming, agri-food or agribusiness operation.
- Fisheries and aquaculture loans
Your commercial fishery and/or aquaculture business may be eligible for funding.
- Fonds de développement de la transformation alimentaire
Do you have a food processing business? If so, you could get financial assistance to increase your productivity and competitiveness.
- Fuel Injection Program
Your advanced manufacturing or social innovation business could access up to $30,000 in seed funding for growth projects in Southern Ontario.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Assurance
If you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor interested in sustainable business practices, you could find financial assistance.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Value — Commercialization
If you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could receive financing for pre-commercialization, commercialization and market development activities.
- Industrial Systems Program
You could get financing to make your factory's facilities, processes and electromechanical systems more energy-efficient.
- Innov'Action Agri-Food Program — Innovation in food processing products and processes
You could get financial support to foster the delivery of food processing projects related to product and process innovation.
- Investments in Forest Industry Transformation
You could get funding to help commercialize first-in-kind technologies for the forest product industry.
- Northern Community Capacity Building Programs (Northern Ontario)
You may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $150,000 to support certain types of business related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Northern Innovation Programs (Northern Ontario)
Your Northern Ontario business may able eligible for funding from $15,000 up to $500,000 towards research and commercialization of new technologies.
- On-Farm Energy Management
As an Alberta producer you may be able to increase your profitability and strengthen your competitive position by improving your energy efficiency.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
You may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
You may be able to claim a 10 or 8% tax credit for scientific research and experimental development done by your Ontario-based corporation in Ontario.
- Power Savings Blitz program
Find out how your Ontario business may be eligible for up to $1,000 in free lighting upgrades.
- Prime-Vert Program — Tier 4 Support in developing and transferring agri-environmental knowledge
Your agricultural producers’ association could receive financial assistance to develop and promote environmentally friendly agricultural practices.
- Programme ÉcoPerformance
If your business consumes fossil fuels or generates GHG emissions, you could receive funding for energy efficiency and conversion projects.
- Programme Innov'Action agroalimentaire — Innovation en production agricole
You could get financial support to help your business increase its competitiveness by adopting the results of applied research by the agricultural sector.
- Programme Levier for the food processing industry — Quality systems
Your food processing business could get financial assistance to boost market access and improve the quality and safety of its products.
- Programme Levier for the food processing industry — Strategic development
Your food processing business could get financial assistance for its strategic development projects and to enhance its competitiveness.
- Programme Technoclimat
Does your business want to use or market a new technology or innovative procedure related to energy efficiency? You could get help with funding to do so.
- Reclamation of Yukon Land
You could receive up to $100,000 to remove abandoned fences, vehicles or garbage from land having an agriculture title or a grazing lease.
- SaskWorks Venture Fund
You may be able to attract an equity investment from potential investors by offering them a tax credit equal to 35% of their investment.
- Saskatchewan Petroleum Research Incentive
If your organization conducts research, development and demonstration of new technologies for the oil and gas sector, you could receive an incentive.
- Strategic Economic Infrastructure Program (Northern Ontario)
Your alliance of businesses or not-for-profits in Northern Ontario may be eligible to apply for up to $1 million for new infrastructure projects.
- Strategic Investments Program
You could get funding to start or grow a business, or to help build Nunavut's economy if you run a not-for-profit corporation or society.
- Strategic Investments in Northern Economic Development
Find out how your northern business could get up to $99,999 for a project that creates jobs and helps develop the North.
- Sustainable Development Technology Fund
Need money to develop and test a new energy technology? You could qualify for funding to create clean technology products that fight climate change.
- takeCHARGE Business Efficiency Program
Your business could get up to $50,000 back when you invest in energy saving upgrades.
- Date modified: