Funding and incentive programs for greening your business
Are you interested in applying innovative sustainable development measures in your business? Maybe you'd like to improve your production and consumption methods to make them greener and more efficient.
Find financial assistance programs that can help you make your business more environmentally friendly and more energy efficient.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing business
Get a loan of up to $50,000 within 2 to 5 business days. There are no fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- Branché au travail
You could get financial assistance to install electric vehicle charging stations for your employee's use.
- Fonds de développement de la transformation alimentaire
Do you have a food processing business? If so, you could get financial assistance to increase your productivity and competitiveness.
- Programme Levier for the food processing industry — Quality systems
Your food processing business could get financial assistance to boost market access and improve the quality and safety of its products.
- Programme Levier for the food processing industry — Strategic development
Your food processing business could get financial assistance for its strategic development projects and to enhance its competitiveness.
- Agriculture Development Fund
Access funding to undertake agriculture or food research and development.
- Alberta BoostR
This crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta business raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
As a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Access funds for your small business with the help of this loan guarantee program.
- Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation
Access financial assistance, workshops, and other services that can help your industrial facility save energy.
- Cleantech Pre-investment Program
Apply for up to $50,000 to get your early-stage clean technology business investment-ready.
- Coast Opportunity Funds — Economic Development Fund
Obtain funding for your sustainable business or economic development activities if you are a Participating First Nation (or individual member of one) on the BC coast.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
You may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Conservation Fund
You could receive funding for new energy conservation programs and technology for your business.
- ESSOR — Forestry Business Component
Want to increase the operational efficiency of your business? You could get a loan guarantee for the acquisition or replacement of forestry equipment.
- ESSOR Program — Funding support for investment projects
You could get funding to start your business, upgrade your processes or facilities and contribute to creating or maintaining jobs.
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
If you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
You could obtain a loan, a loan guarantee or quasi-equity funding to establish environmentally friendly business practices.
- Electric Vehicle Incentive and Charging Incentive Programs
You might be eligible for rebates toward the purchase or lease of a new plug-in hybrid electric or battery electric vehicle and a charging station.
- Energy Smart Commercial Buildings Retrofit Program
You could get up to $3,000 to evaluate the energy efficiency of your business and up to $75,000 to pay for the energy upgrades.
- Farm Credit Canada – Loans and Lending Options
You could access capital for your farming or agri-business operation.
- Financial support program for the commercial fisheries and aquaculture sector
Your commercial fishing and aquaculture business could benefit from financial assistance to support its growth and sustainable development projects.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Assurance
If you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor interested in sustainable business practices, you could find financial assistance.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Value — Commercialization
If you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could receive financing for pre-commercialization, commercialization and market development activities.
- Industrial Systems Program
You could get financing to make your factory's facilities, processes and electromechanical systems more energy-efficient.
- Innov'Action Agri-Food Program — Innovation in agricultural production
You could get financial support to help your business increase its competitiveness by adopting the results of applied research by the agricultural sector.
- Innov'Action Agri-Food Program — Innovation in food processing products and processes
You could get financial support to foster the delivery of food processing projects related to product and process innovation.
- NextGen Biofuels Fund
Find out if you are eligible for funding to develop a biofuel production facility in Canada.
- Northern Community Capacity Building Programs (Northern Ontario)
You may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $150,000 to support certain types of business related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Northern Innovation Programs (Northern Ontario)
Your Northern Ontario business may able eligible for funding from $15,000 up to $500,000 towards research and commercialization of new technologies.
- On-Farm Energy Management
As an Alberta producer you may be able to increase your profitability and strengthen your competitive position by improving your energy efficiency.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
You may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
You may be able to claim a 10% tax credit for scientific research and experimental development done by your Ontario-based corporation in Ontario.
- Power Savings Blitz program
Find out how your Ontario business may be eligible for up to $1,000 in free lighting upgrades.
- Power Smart Express
This program provides financial incentives to help you replace old, inefficient technologies with new energy-efficient products.
- Prime-Vert Program — Tier 4 Support in developing and transferring agri-environmental knowledge
Your agricultural producers’ association could receive financial assistance to develop and promote environmentally friendly agricultural practices.
- Reclamation of Yukon Land
You could receive up to $10,000 to remove abandoned fences, vehicles or garbage from land having an agriculture title or a grazing lease.
- Research and Development Program (waste diversion)
You could receive research funding of up to $50,000 for your solid waste diversion idea.
- Small and Medium Industrial Program
You could get up to $95,000 in financial support to find ways to save energy, build a business case for an energy saving project, and implement it.
- Strategic Economic Infrastructure Program (Northern Ontario)
Your alliance of businesses or not-for-profits in Northern Ontario may be eligible to apply for up to $1 million for new infrastructure projects.
- Strategic Investments Program — Nunavut Equity Investment Fund
If you live in Nunavut, you could get money to start or grow a business in mining, tourism, cultural industries or fisheries.
- The LEAN + Energy Efficiency and Environment Program
Apply for funding to hire a qualified productivity and energy efficiency consultant for your manufacturing or export business.
- Value-Added Manufacturing Program
You could receive funding of up to 50% of eligible start-up costs related to your diverted-waste innovation.
- Date modified: