Funding and incentive programs for greening your business
Are you interested in applying innovative sustainable development measures in your business? Maybe you'd like to improve your production and consumption methods to make them greener and more efficient.
Find financial assistance programs to help you make your business more environmentally friendly and more energy efficient.
- AgriProcessing Initiative
If you are a Canadian processor of agricultural products, you could receive money for new machinery to help you update your manufacturing processes.
- Agriculture Development Fund
Access funding to undertake agriculture or food research and development.
- Alberta BoostR
This crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta businesses raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Access funds for your small business with the help of this loan guarantee program.
- Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation
Access financial assistance, workshops, and other services that can help your industrial facility save energy.
- Coast Opportunity Funds — Economic Development Fund
Obtain funding for your sustainable business or economic development activities if you are a Participating First Nation (or individual member of one) on the BC coast.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
You may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Conservation Fund
You could receive funding for new energy conservation programs and technology for your business.
You could obtain a loan, a loan guarantee or quasi-equity funding to establish environmentally friendly business practices within your business.
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
If you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- Electric Vehicle Incentive and Charging Incentive Programs
You might be eligible for rebates toward the purchase or lease of a new plug-in hybrid electric or battery electric vehicle and a charging station.
- Energy Loan
Find financing to help your agricultural or agri-business produce its own renewable energy.
- Energy Smart Commercial Buildings Retrofit Program
You could get up to $3,000 to evaluate the energy efficiency of your business and up to $75,000 to pay for the energy upgrades.
- Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation
If you live in the Cape Breton or Mulgrave areas, you could get money to help you start or grow your business or to upgrade your website.
- Farm Credit Canada Products and Services
You could access capital for your farming or agri-business operation.
- Financial Assistance to Industry Program
You could get a loan or loan guarantee to start, grow or maintain your business in New Brunswick.
- NB Growth Program
You could get a grant of up to $100,000 to start a business, or up to $60,000 to expand, diversify or improve your small business.
- NextGen Biofuels Fund
Find out if you are eligible for funding to develop a biofuel production facility in Canada.
- Northern Community Capacity Building Programs (Northern Ontario)
You may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $150,000 to support certain types of business related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Northern Development Fund
You could access grants to develop your Northern Saskatchewan business.
- Northern Innovation Programs (Northern Ontario)
Your Northern Ontario business may able eligible for funding from $15,000 up to $500,000 towards research and commercialization of new technologies.
- On-Farm Energy Management
As an Alberta producer you may be able to increase your profitability and strengthen your competitive position by improving your energy efficiency.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
You may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
You may be able to claim a 10% tax credit for scientific research and experimental development done by your Ontario-based corporation in Ontario.
- Power Savings Blitz program
Find out how your Ontario business may be eligible for up to $1,000 in free lighting upgrades.
- Prime-Vert Program — Tier 4 Support in developing and transferring agri-environmental knowledge
Your agricultural producers’ association could receive financial assistance to develop and promote environmentally friendly agricultural practices.
- Product Incentive Program
This program provides financial incentives to help you replace old, inefficient technologies with new energy-efficient products.
- Reclamation of Yukon Land
You can apply for up to $10,000 to remove abandoned fences, vehicles or garbage piles from land having an agriculture title or a grazing lease.
- Research and Development Program (waste diversion)
You could receive research funding of up to $50,000 for your solid waste diversion idea.
- Small and Medium Industrial Program
You could get up to $95,000 in financial support to find ways to save energy, build a business case for an energy saving project, and implement it.
- Strategic Economic Infrastructure Program (Northern Ontario)
Your alliance of businesses or not-for-profits in Northern Ontario may be eligible to apply for up to $1 million for new infrastructure projects.
- Strategic Investments Program — Nunavut Equity Investment Fund
If you live in Nunavut, you could get money to start or grow a business in mining, tourism, cultural industries or fisheries.
- The LEAN + Energy Efficiency and Environment Program
Apply for funding to hire a qualified productivity and energy efficiency consultant for your manufacturing or export business.
- Value-Added Manufacturing Program
You could receive funding of up to 50% of eligible start-up costs related to your diverted-waste innovation.
- Date modified: