If business is slow, you can offer your core workers a temporarily reduced work week instead of laying them off. Their wages can be supplemented through employment insurance benefits for the days they won't be working.
- Have been in year-round business for at least 2 years
- Prove that the work shortage is temporary and unavoidable
- Return to normal working hours within 6-26 weeks
- Have employees eligible for employment insurance
- Have the approval of the employees and the union
Service Canada must approve Work-Sharing agreements.
- Date modified: