Closing accounts 

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Government of Canada

When you decide to close your business and no longer need your BN, you have to complete certain Canada Revenue Agency forms relating to:

  • Payroll
  • Corporate income tax

This applies to a business that is a sole proprietorship, a partnership or a corporation. Only once these forms are completed can your CRA business account be closed.

This CRA page provides details on what is required, the forms, and background publications.