Shutting down your Ontario corporation 

Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, Government of Ontario
Applies only to: Ontario

If you want to voluntarily shut down (or dissolve) your Ontario corporation, you need to send the following items to the Companies and Personal Property Security Branch:

  • Articles of Dissolution, Form 10 or Form 11, depending on the status of the corporation
  • Letter consenting to the dissolution from the Minister of Finance
  • Covering letter that includes a contact name, return address and telephone number
  • Fee of $25.00

Consult the full document for further details or seek legal advice.

Date modified: