Hiring credit for small business 

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Government of Canada

As an employer, you could get a credit of up to $1,000 toward your payroll account if your EI premiums increased in 2013.

You need to:

  • Have paid $15,000 or less in EI premiums in 2012
  • Have paid more EI premiums in 2013 than in 2012
  • File your 2013 T4 return before January 1, 2017
  • Pay your full 2013 payroll remittances while waiting for the credit

You do not need to apply. The credit will be calculated automatically using the information from your T4 slips filed for 2012 and 2013.

Date modified: